Lipstick is my favourite part of doing makeup. It just pulls the look together and can completely transform the feel of it. Going into autumn and winter this year I have got really into the dark lip and have gone a little bit mad with buying new lipsticks so I thought I’d share my favourites with you. There are 7 which I know is a random number but that was just what I could get it down to.
- Gosh Cranberry this is a gorgeous very deep red with slightly brown undertones and a matte finish. It is a recent purchase but I already love it!
- Barry M 162 this is another deep red but less brown making it slightly lighter and almost pinky. I prefer the colour of the Gosh one but find myself reaching for this as it applies a lot better over lip balm which I find so important in cold weather.
- Rimmel London Kate 30 this is a much more purple shade but still very dark. This was my favourite lip colour last autumn/winter but this year I find myself reaching a lot more for the red shades for day to day but I still love this colour for parties and evenings out.
- MAC Retro (satin finish) This is definitely my favourite lip colour this year! It is a dark red, almost burnt orange colour. It applied really well and lasts all day.
- Rimmel London Amethyst Shimmer This is a dark pinky purple colour with a gorgeous, subtle shimmer. Another great colour for parties and definitely one I’ll be reaching for in the christmas season.
- Urban Decay F-Bomb this is my go to ‘true red’. It is such a perfect red colour and lasts really well even through a night out.
- MAC Mehr No surprises here! This is one of my favourites through out the year but I just find it the perfect nude for autumn where it is slightly darker. It goes so well in the day to dress down a more dramatic eye.
(left to right)
Thanks for reading! As always, let me know what you think and what your favourite lipsticks are. Have a great week.
Meg x x x